All documentation, except as otherwise specified by College policy, submitted to Miller College for the purpose of determining the acceptance of credit is evaluated as follows (See College Catalog):
- Accepted credit is determined by the Registrar. Such credit is transcribed without grades and will be applicable toward the credits required for the degree.
- Accepted credit is determined only from official transcripts and other appropriate documents which have been received directly from the originating school or organization where the student attempted the work.
- Academic forgiveness policies from other colleges are not recognized by Miller College. All credit awarded is considered based on the original grade.
- Completion of any course, either at Miller College or at another institution, which duplicates a course or courses previously accepted in transfer may result in the loss of the transfer credit accepted. Credit will be retained only for the most recent instance of the repeated course.
- Transfer credit is accepted from regionally accredited institutions of higher learning. Credit from other post-secondary institutions recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDOE) as qualified for federal financial aid is accepted.
- American Council on Education (ACE) credit recommendations are accepted for training provided by the military or other organizations. ACE credit recommendations are also used for determining acceptance of the College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) exam results. College Level Examination Program (CLEP) results, and Defense Activity for Non-traditional Education Support (DANTES) results.
- Transfer credit and non-traditional credit do not count toward the residency requirements of Miller College.
Transfer credits earned in quarter hours (QH) are evaluated on the basis that one QH equals two-thirds SH. (For example, a 5 QH course would equal 3.3 SH. The formula is QH x .67 = SH.).