Criterion Two Summary
Criterion Two: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
- Our Self-Study findings show widespread agreement that Miller College is dedicated to academic quality and integrity. Decisions regarding financial, academics, and personnel are clearly articulated, adhered to, and communicated throughout the College.
- Our findings indicate that in almost all regards that policies and procedures are implemented consistently and are readily available to those who need to access them.
- The self-study shows that The Robert B. Miller College has policies and procedures in place for the Board of Trustees, faculty and staff, students, and all functional areas. These processes are executed fairly and ethically.
- The Miller College Board of Trustees is sufficiently autonomous to make decisions in the best interest of the College.
- The College is committed to freedom of expression and the pursuit of truth in teaching and learning.
- Our findings indicate that the College provides effective oversight and support services to ensure the integrity of research and scholarly practice conducted by students, faculty, and staff. Students are guided in the ethical use of information resources. The College publishes and enforces the academic honesty policy.
Areas for Improvement
- The College should continue to work with all faculty members to provide more consistency with which it enforces policies related to academic integrity and misconduct.
- Continue to strengthen our efforts to help students under the academic honesty policy and show examples of violations and the consequences of misconduct as described in the handbook.
- Miller College can continue to strengthen our efforts to uphold and protect the integrity of the College by taking steps to encourage all faculty members to respond consistently to incidents of academic misconduct and to follow the policy in the Student Handbook (procedural steps in alleged incidents of academic dishonesty).
- More frequent discussions in Academic Affairs Meetings regarding Academic honesty and dishonesty.
- Continue to be a model for ethical and responsible conduct in every department throughout the College.
- Continue to share online resource articles on plagiarism.