See What a Little Art Can Start!
Enliven your classroom with the visual and performing arts! Teach math, science, social studies and language arts through music, dance, theater, painting and more!
ANNOUNCING A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY FOR TEACHERS IN THE BATTLE CREEK AREA
The Miller College Institute is proud to participate in BCreative's scholarship and mini-grant program, generously funded by the Miller Foundation, to support local teachers who are interested in integrating the arts into their instruction. Teachers who work in schools affiliated with the Battle Creek Educators' Task Force are eligible to receive a scholarship to cover 100% of the tuition (through Summer 2015) to enroll in EDUC 341: The Arts for Elementary Teachers, a 1.5 semester hour course offered at Miller College. Join local arts educators through an exploration of multiplepathways to help students demonstrate proficiency in meeting core content area expectations through engagement with the visual and performing arts. Upon completion of the course, teachers working in schools affiliated with the Battle Creek Educators' Task Force will be eligible to apply for a $500.00 mini-grant to purchase classroom materials to implement the ideas developed in the course. Don't pass up this opportunity to invigorate your classroom!
ABOUT THE COURSE
- EDUC 341: The Arts for Elementary Teachers (1.5 SH) In this course, participants explore multiple pathways to help students demonstrate proficiency in meeting content expectations and guidelines through integration of the arts with the four core content areas. Participants will learn about creativity and the brain, multiple intelligences, their own learning profiles, and integration of the arts with the core areas to support student learning. They will produce and create lesson plans and prototypes that can be used in their classrooms that expand to many learning modalities.
- Meeting Schedule
- Summer 2013: July 8 through August 27, Tuesdays, 4:00 to 6:30 PM
- Fall 2013: September 4 through October 23, Tuesdays, 4:00 to 6:30 PM
HOW TO REGISTER
- Complete an Application for Admission to Miller College and select "Continuing Education Classes" on the application. You may complete the application in person at Miller College or click here to apply online.
- Register for classes once you have been admitted to Miller College. Click here (276 KB, PDF) to obtain a registration form for EDUC 341. Complete the form and return it to the Office of the Dean of the Binda School of Education.
- That's it! Eligible participants' tuition will be paid directly to Miller College by the Miller Foundation.
- For more information, contact the Miller College Student Services Office at (269) 660-8021 or Dr. Sean Kottke, Dean of the Binda School of Education, at extension 2703 or via email at ude.egellocrellim@sekttok.